Skip to content. Accessibility info.

Sudden Deaths GO#17-13429

Police Reports - Friday, Jan 27, 2017 at 6:00pm

At approximately 8:37 a.m. on January 27, officers responded to Marilyn Drive to assist EHS with a medical-related emergency. A man and a woman, believed to be in their fifties, were pronounced deceased at the scene. The residence is a duplex and the neighbours were evacuated as a precaution.

Late this afternoon, the NS Medical Examiner’s Office provided HRP with results of autopsies conducted into the cause of death of this man and woman.  The cause of death has been determined to be accidental as a result of Carbon Monoxide poisoning.  HRP has concluded its investigation into this matter.
 
Deputy Fire Chief Roy Hollett of the Halifax Regional Fire and Emergency Services reminds homeowners that it is important to have carbon monoxide detectors in the home.
 
Our thoughts are with the family and friends of this couple at this difficult time.